Breaking News..... 2016 Sunny Corner Trail Bike Ride
Saturday & Sunday 17th and 18th September
It’s our 30th anniversary AND the forest is Blue!
The Central Tablelands Motorcycle Club is pleased to announce that the Major Sponsor for the 2016 Sunny Corner Trail Bike ride is Yamaha Motor Australia!
And Yamaha have really come to the party!
For those of you that have ridden in previous Sunny Corner Trail Bike Rides, you’ll know what a great event it is, and now that Yamaha has joined forces with us the event will be even bigger and better.
Yamaha understands the value of this type of event to the dirt bike community and as the major sponsor is committed to do all that it can to add value to the event.
Not only is 2016 the year that Yamaha has come on board as our major sponsor, but 2016 also marks the 30th anniversary of the Sunny Corner Trail Bike Ride, so everyone at the Central Tablelands Motorcycle Club is determined to make this a year to remember!
Just check this out…….
Yamaha will be providing the major prize for this year along with a range of great supplementary prizes (see below).
Yamaha will also bring along to the event a range of Yamaha demonstrator bikes that can be test ridden around a short dedicated “Yamaha Test Loop” through the forest. This is a great opportunity to test ride your choice of Yamaha’s finest dirt bikes in the real world conditions of the Sunny Corner State Forest! Have a ride and see just how good Yamaha dirt bikes really are!
- Yamaha Motor Australia will be providing a brand spanking new WR450F valued at over $12,000 as our major prize!
- Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing (GYTR) will be providing a parts package valued at over $2,400 which comes already fitted to the WR450F!
- Yamaha Motor Insurance (YMI) will be providing two motorcycle insurance policies to protect your pride and joy!
- Yamaha will also be providing a very cool EF2400IS Generator Valued at over $2,000!
- 2 x Yamaha PW50 Motorcycles
As well as our other loyal and regular sponsors, we’re also fortunate to welcome on board MMG Trailers and they will be supplying a fully enclosed bike trailer as another super prize.
As usual, there’ll be Trade Alley where some of our sponsors will be showing and selling their wares, along with our super large LED screen which will show a range of interesting video.
Of course, we’re also hoping to have our faithful band “Pig Iron Bob” back again to entertain everyone, along with our famous Saturday night bonfire.
- This year Early Bird entries are $160.00
- After August the 7th entries are $180.00
Once again, this Year’s ride will be over BOTH
days so you get DOUBLE
the ride. You can ride 1 loop on Saturday and the other on Sunday, OR do both loops both days - it’s up to you , We will have the usual Paramedics, Sweep riders and Recovery vehicles available both days. This will make for a great weekend of riding, so get your mates and join us for TWO great days of Sunny Corner Forest riding.
- Both loops will be open at 8:30 (or maybe earlier) on Saturday and Sunday so get in early to avoid the rush. Riders must be scanned in and out of each loop to ensure you all get back safely
- Presentation / Prize draw will be held on Sunday 18th at about 4:30pm and you have to be there to win the bikes and other prizes - NO exceptions!
- Our famous bonfire will be held on the Saturday night and because both days are available for riding there are sure to be stories told about the days ride and then you can do it all again on Sunday !!
One again it's going to be an awesome ride with your choice of two 60 - 80Klm loops.
They are a mixture of old and new trails that the track setters have been working on throughout the year.
There is the normal mix of easy hard splits so if you're not super confident or are getting a bit on the weary side you can avoid those extra technical sections and meet your mates at the next re-join point. Most trails feature tight pine tree lined single trail, as well as wide open fire trail, some challenging sections to test the more experienced riders, and the surface is ever changing from loam to rock, from sand to mud.
Please Note this year as last year there will be no scrutineering of your bike, all that is needed is that we see your Riders license - no license, no ride, NSW Police will be present both days. The ride is being held on public roads so your bike must be registered and you will need to produce your license if required.
Before you ride, just come to the ticket hut, show us your license and that’s it. We do not need to see your bike, this should speed up the process and ensure the day goes a lot smoother.
Look forward to seeing you all there for another great ride.
- NSW Forestry Corporation have made us aware that the collecting of firewood for small camp fires does not require a permit, but event participants must adhere to the following rules:
- No standing trees must be cut down
- Collection of firewood for campfires must occur within State Forest and not in roadside reserves of council roads, in particular Sunny Corner Rd.
- Collection of firewood for campfires must occur only within areas where firewood collection is permitted , Please click here for Map