(With thanks to Grant Shaw for sharing his UVP journey)
A UVP is a permit to ride an unregistered motorcycle in a situation such as the SCTBR. The permit is only valid for the duration of the SCTBR and the motorcycle can only be used on the marked trails of the SCTBR.
Note: The motorcycle must be in sound mechanical condition and have a working Headlight, Tail Light and Brake Light.
The cost of a UVP is around $30.
You will be applying for your UVP on the basis that you are entering an event (the Sunny Corner Trail Bile Ride) and as such your bike will be treated as a rally vehicle. You will need to provide proof of the event as well as the applicable application forms. All of this documentation can be downloaded below.
This is what you do
- Get a “Vehicle Suitable for Safe Use Declaration” which you can download here, or obtain at your local RMS / Services NSW Service Centre.
- Get an “Application For Unregistered Vehicle Permit”, which you can download here, or obtain at your local RMS / Services NSW Service Centre.
- Complete both forms and sign and date them.
- Download and print a copy of the Entry Form here. (No need to fill it out as this is only to prove to the RMS that our event is real).
- Download and print a copy of the Promotional Poster here. (This is also to prove to the RMS that our event is real).
- Produce these completed and signed forms (and the entry form and promotional poster as proof of event) at any RMS / Services NSW Service Centre, pay the appropriate fees and leave with a UVP.
- UVPs can’t be issued more than 28 days before the event.
- When filling out the UVP, you must use the dates of the ride and the location / event (Sunny Corner State Forest / Sunny Corner Trail Bike Ride).
- The motorcycle can only be ridden in the event. It cannot be ridden to the event or anywhere outside of the event course.
- The UVP must be carried with you at all times and produced if required by the Police.